Monday, July 7, 2014

Misunderstanding MANglish

I was on the phone with my OKCupid guy and he said, "I wish you could stop by here on your way home." It was Christmas and I had driven up for the Christmas holiday. After he said he wished I could drop by I said, "It would take me nine hours (and his place was over four hours south  of my place) to get to your house so I would have to leave now and drive all day then I wouldn't have anywhere to spend the night tonight." The following week he said something like he wanted to see me Christmas day and spend time with me. I told him I didn't get that from what you said because you said, "I wish you could drop by here on your way home." I told him we could have arranged something if I had known in advance and he had said something that was more clear. When he said, "I wish you could stop by here on your way home." that sounded like something that just popped in his head and was a second thought to me not that he wanted to spend Christmas together.

No comments:

Post a Comment