Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Motivation of MANglish

A couple of men have said, "I don't use MANglish." "I don't try to deceive women." and "I try to be honest with women." They think men using MANglish is being deceptive. I explained men don't use MANglish to deceive women. MANglish is the language men speak naturally. The thing with MANglish is women don't speak it. Just like men don't speak SHEnglish. Those same men have asked me what it meant when a woman said this or that. Women don't use SHEnglish to intentionally confuse men. Because men and women communicate so differently it causes confusion and I don't think it's intentional or that it's used to hurt the opposite sex and sometimes men and women are trying to communicate effectively and not hurt someone but in the end it just ends up creating more confusion. I told my buddies who thought MANglish makes men sound like liars that I think it's opposite of that. Most of the time men are trying to communicate but the meaning gets lost in translation because men and women are different. Case in point, yesterday when James and I were hanging out, he reminded me that when were growing up women used sex to get love and men used love to get sex. And I said, " That's not necessarily true today though. It's very different. We dated and you probably never hooked up. Today, young people hook up but probably won't ever date." James said that makes him think that MANglish and SHEnglish are likely to be more interesting and important to people our age rather than younger people if they aren't geared toward relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment