Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fleabag hotel

I was tired of driving around and looking at different so I used my Expedia app to reserve a room. Being tired of driving, I chose one which was close and since I was across from NASA i thought it would be a nice place. It is stinky and sticky as some dirty places are (it is clear it has not been cleaned in many moons though). I found myself wishing I was still dating a guy in the area or at least good enough friends that I could have asked for shelter because this was one of the few places available. Then I realized that I wouldn't have expected to stay with someone I know unless I had been invited. That's very rude and entitled. I was just desperate because the room is so bad.

This morning, I called the desk to see if there is coffee anywhere. When I went to get some coffee there were some French people in the lobby eating--their own food; there is no continental breakfast or anything close--and talking. I was sure hoping that they don't think this hotel in any way is representative of the United States. Maybe they, like me, were tired and just went to the closest place because no one would choose this place on purpose when there are so many nice places in the Houston area. And the last few times I have stayed in Houston my rooms were very nice and I felt very lucky and spoiled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment