Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Conversations over the last two days

Over the last couple of days, I have had conversations with three different male friends about relationships. None of us can figure out why men like women who are mean and women like men who are mean. Repeatedly, we have all seen friends overlook great relationship candidates just to go out with someone who yanks them around. One of my friends has been married to a woman for decades who has never said, "I'm sorry" or "Thank you" and that blows my mind. Another friend of mine dated a woman for five years who talked down to him. Many times when men have asked me, "Why do women always like the assholes?", "Why do nice guys always finish last?", etc. I would always reply, "That's not always true. There are plenty of women who like nice guys. I like nice guys." My friends would always say that I was an exception. For years, I have had these types of conversations with men and women. When I was a waitress and bartender hundreds of people talked about relationships and how confusing they are. After all the conversations, I still don't know why anyone would be attracted to someone who is disrespectful to them, unappreciative of their efforts, condescending, entitled, etc.   

No comments:

Post a Comment