Friday, July 11, 2014

Marty and Vlogging for MANglish

I asked Marty to vlog for me. He did 21 takes which he thought were not good enough. He's a perfectionist. And Marty thought he sounded bad. We had discussed one of my MANglish statements, "I don't have time for a girlfriend right now." That's open to interpretation and the man who says that to a woman may be trying to cover his bases. He may be thinking that if he makes the statement a little vague then the woman is still available for sex. But if a man says, "I don't want you for a girlfriend." there is no room for interpretation. The statement is very clear. Marty thought that sounded bad but I told him it is much better to know if someone isn't interested. The woman knows to stop wasting her time so it's more kind to be honest in the long run and it's much more honest and up front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment