Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SHEnglish and clear communication

James had a conversation with me about SHEnglish verses clear communication last night. He said when a woman emails or texts him and says, "I'll be back in town this weekend." he doesn't know for sure if he is supposed to ask her to do something or not, especially she also mentions that she had a long week or how busy she has been. But If a woman texts him and says, "I'll be back in town this weekend. Do you want to go do something?" then he feels like she is not just fishing around trying figure out if he's interested in her. And she's secure enough with herself to let him know that she's interested in him. He said it's also a compliment when a woman shows interest in him. James said it makes him more comfortable in a relationship if a woman communicates clearly with him rather than being illusive and vague and adds a certain honestly to the relationship that is comforting to him. I told him that men do the same thing. A few times lately, I have had a friend of mine, Ronni, ask what her response was supposed to be when she gets vague texts from the guy she went on a couple of dates with. One text said, "I'll be back in town this weekend." and he didn't mention that he'd like to see her or that it wasn't his weekend with kids or anything else. My girlfriend, Ronni, asked me what I thought he meant. I told I thought she was supposed to say, "Do you want to do something?" so he would know she was interested. She said I feel like he is just informing of his schedule when I'm not his assistant, I a woman he has been on a date with and I don't feel like he is interested enough to make the effort to ask me out. Ronni then said she felt like the guy was just playing games with her and trying to feel her out and she wanted him to declare that he was interested in her. Ronni said she felt like the wasn't being sincere with her, she didn't know for sure if he wasn't all that interested in her or if he wasn't secure enough about himself to truly express an interest in her. At the time, my thought was that they were not off to a good start (they only went on one more date and it fizzled). 

No comments:

Post a Comment