Tuesday, July 22, 2014

POF

Marty had coffee with a woman from Plenty Of Fish (POF) yesterday. He said it seemed to go well. When he got back home and sent her an email about getting together again, her reply was short so he was a little put off. Marty thought that she wasn't that interested in him or her reply would have been less short and more enthusiastic. But I told him that she may have been busy but wanted to make sure to replay. I have that happen to me while I'm at work frequently. And I had a teacher in grad school who was extremely busy: he was a Planning Director, adjunct professor, involved in a project in China and was in demand in other cities all over the country due to the success of several large scale project in the city where he worked. A lot of times if I wrote my teacher an email I would get a one word reply, "OK" and I was not offended because he was so busy.

Since Marty had some success, I got on POF. Some people have told me that there is a huge difference between OKCupid and POF. I asked Marty why that is. He said he doesn't know it seems like OKCupid has better looking seekers than POF. The only explanation my be that people don't want to take the time to answer all the questions on OKCupid. That's the only thing I can think of. It does take some effort to answer the questions but it's not a final exam or anything. It could be the questions intimidate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment