Sunday, July 20, 2014

Marty on an upcoming gig at a State Fair

I've been trying to write state fair jokes since I've been home, but nothing yet.  I'm dreading this thing, so I have to start working harder on preparation.  That way I'll kind of look forward to it ...maybe.  I would love for it to be a cool traveling experience where I meet some interesting people, but I just don't exactly know what to expect.  I'm prepared for it to be a tough job - something that I have to trudge through - but if nothing else, surely there will be other performers I can hang out with at times.  Driving so far away to do something so different makes me feel like I'm in my early career again.  I used to take trips in my Volvo station wagon and look for club work while I street performed to hold me over.  I slept in the back of my car, as well hotels and people's homes ...people I would meet along the way.  I was such an adventurous and ballsy mofo.  Cut to: 35 years later and here I am again - hoping my car makes it and doing my little skits in unfamiliar lands.  Anyway, just hoping it turns out to be at least interesting, if not fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment