Sunday, July 13, 2014

Marty opened my eyes

Yesterday, Marty and I were talking and I told him that my trust in someone was destroyed when he lied to me. I've had issues with it because I have had conflicting feelings about the person because of the lie. Sometimes I feel like I am unforgiving because I don't know if I can believe anything that he says because he has lied to me in the past. I  worry that our whole relationship has been based on lies since I have no idea what else he has lied about. On the other hand I feel like once someone lies to me I know the person is capable of lying and is not someone who deserves my friendship. Marty said, "The reason it is bothering you so much and you have trouble forgiving someone who lies is because you don't lie." I don't why I didn't realize it before but that is a very simple explanation and obvious but I didn't see it. Now that Marty has pointed out to me I may see it from a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment