Monday, July 7, 2014

Another MANglish Text

My girlfriend had a date or two with a man she met on eHarmony. He texted her and said, "I'll be around this weekend." So my friend asked me, "What does that text mean?" I told her I thought the ball was in court. I said, "I think he figures if you're interested you text him back and ask if he wants to do something." She said, "Why didn't he just ask me out?" I said, "Well maybe he is nervous and wants to see if you're interested in him and that if you are you'll suggest doing something and if you're not interested then you won't suggest going out." My girlfriend said, "I don't ask men out. If he wants to see me then he should say so. He should be more direct and call me to ask for a date not send some vague text. I want to be pursued. I like the chase."

No comments:

Post a Comment