Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Marty explains subtle differences in MANglish

Marty explained the difference in two statements: "I don't want to get married now." and "I don't want to marry you." He said when a man says, "I don't want to get married now." it may be a timing issue i.e., the man isn't ready to get married. Or the man could be phrasing the statement that way intentionally because he doesn't want the woman to quit sleeping with him so he makes sure to avoid a definitive/direct statement about her. But when a man says, "I don't want to marry you." he is telling the truth and being direct. He doesn't care if the woman stops having sex with him. He is done. And if a man says, "I don't want to marry you." take him at his word. Don't keep thinking his mind can be changed; move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment