Saturday, November 8, 2014

Done chatting

Marty just went to bed. He has the oddest hours. I don't know if it's because he has been a stand up comedian his entire adult life or he would have crazy hours anyway but it seems like no matter what time I call he is up. It's nice that I have someone to talk to almost anytime. Occasionally, he'll be unavailable but it's rare. While we were talking, he told me that he's been talking and connecting with this new woman he met online as he described her there seemed to be some similarities to a few of the other women he knows and has met (some he met online). She doesn't work and that's been the case with a couple of women he's met. She writes and that has been the case with other women he's met. They either write or aspire to write or be creative in some way. She has some physical issue and that has been the case with every woman he has met except for one. The one woman he met who isn't sick all the time lives too far away. Marty said she was too far away (two hours) to start a relationship with. But then he ended up having sex with her anyway, SEVERAL TIMES, and apparently it was pretty good sex since he went back for more. He kept telling her that he didn't want to get involved with her since she lived too far away. Then she told him she was probably going to get back with her ex since he wasn't willing to have a long distance relationship with her. I asked him if he thought that was true or a cloaked ultimatum. Marty said he didn't know and he didn't think it mattered because he wasn't willing to get more involved with her. Marty felt really bad about having sex with the woman since he knew from the get go he didn't want to go to the trouble of having a long distance relationship but the chemistry go the best of him. And, I think he did get caught up in the excitement of the texting and emails and such. Those flirtatious texts and emails really tend to suck you in when you first meet someone whether it's online or not. Plus, Marty said the woman really woke up some feelings in him and he was drawn to her (I call that feeling "horny"). When I asked if Marty had been communicating with her still and what was going on with since the ultimatum he said she was going to hang out with her ex last night so I guess maybe she is thinking about getting back with him or wants Marty to think so. he said he thinks she really is considering getting back with her ex because she's lonely and wants to be with someone. What is surprising to me is that Marty keeps meeting women. And they seem to be interested in him which he doesn't seem grateful for at all. He just takes it for granted that he will continue to meet women and they'll be interested. I'm usually really positive and consider myself an optimistic realist but I don't know that I'll meet someone again and if I don't it's not the end of the world; my friends and family are the most important people to me. I also don't have this innate feeling that if/when I meet someone, he'll like me and feel the same chemistry and attachment and desires that I'm feeling. The last time I met someone it wasn't the case that the man had any interest in me as relationship material and I didn't know if i would want a long term relationship with him or not since we didn't see each other very long or very often but he did seem like a nice guy. I'm always in awe of those people who have the faith that they'll meet someone. I am just not sure if the optimistic or delusional... 

No comments:

Post a Comment