Saturday, November 22, 2014

Best presentation

The most enlightening presentation at The Texas Big Six Conference yesterday was about El Paso. Though I've read a great deal about El Paso the content of the presentation was very informative and Planning Director did a great job of presenting the information. It was almost enough to make me apply the next time I see a job posted but I have not applied in the past because of all the violence in Ciudad Juarez. The Director did bring up the violence in Cuidad Juarez and the dichotomy between El Paso, the safest city in the U.S. and El Paso but the violence was not emphasized. He spoke of the rich history, Google El Paso or get on the official city website. El Paso is predicted to be a megapolitan city in the U.S. as well the Austin, San Antonio, Houston triangle. At the Los Angeles Planning Conference I attended a session on megapolitan cities that was very informative and data driven. Those clusters will be the best places for jobs and a chance at being middle class in the U.S., that's my opinion anyway. And El Paso  had a Comprehensive Plan in 1928 which I found very interesting and progressive. It was the second city in the U.S. after Cincinnati to have a Comp Plan. I think I'd like to visit El Paso sometime. It might be a good place to do some real estate investing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment