Saturday, June 21, 2014

It's good to know where you stand (the cold, hard truth)

Recently, I realized if I am dating a man and he never says:

He is interested in me;
He wants to see me exclusively;
He wants to be in a relationship with me;
He cares about me;
He has any expectations for me as a partner (or potential partner);
He wants to be with me and no one else; or
He loves me.

Then, the man is not:

interested in me;
wanting to see me exclusively;
wanting to be in a relationship with me; 
thinking there's potential for us:
no other woman will do; or
thinking I am someone he is falling in with or could possible fall in love with.

Many times women, myself included, put to much into nothing. Maybe it's because I am always trying to be optimistic due to my past (that's the only way I have been able to survive; I always think things will get better) but it puts an undue burden and whomever I have false expectations for. 



2 comments: