Friday, June 27, 2014

Marty's MANglish Translation 3

Marty,
Gillian and I have spoken about this as well as, Vivi and Beth we're not sure why men bring up marriage all the time. Either they want to get married right away which is really scary or they bring up that they don't want to get married now. Could you explain what it means in MANglish when a man asks you about getting married when you've been dating a very short time and conversely explain what it means when a man says, "I don't want to get married now." 
Thanks,
Shel

Shelby,

I'm not sure why men would be so eager to get married.  I do know that some guys feel very comfortable being married.  My friend Rich said he wants to marry his girlfriend "because she's a good chick and she keeps my house really clean and she has good weed."  If a guy says that he doesn't want to be married then he's probably just paranoid that the woman is on the hunt for a husband.  Marriage seems to be so important for so many females. 

M

No comments:

Post a Comment