Saturday, March 14, 2015

Exes

I know I have said that it is so unattractive for men and of course, women too, to talk about their exes on a date. But I'd like to make another point which will beyond ant doubt convince anyone to shut the f*@# up about your exes. When you're trying to get to know someone and all he does is go on and on about his ex-wife and how she cheated on him or spent all his money or turned the kids against him or drove him to cheat on her or ,etc, etc, etc... it brings back memories of your ex. Thoughts of your ex go both ways usually. In one way you miss your ex and everything felt when you met because you felt a connection and just knew this guy was the one. Second, you remember how awful and forlorn you were when you broke up and start thinking about how you wish things had worked out differently and how disappointed you are that he did not end up being the one. The worst is that you thought he was going to be part of your life from now on and it's not going to happen. And you remember the heart break up like it was last night. With those to points in mind why would a man bring up his ex and go into detail about their sex life together, their kids, their break up. I had to tell someone that today. I wish I had said that to the last guy I dated but instead I tried too hard to be a good friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment