Sunday, May 31, 2015

Favorite day

Yesterday, after Cordio Blast, going to the farmer's market and volunteering, I tore myself away from Grey's Anatomy to go to the pool. I didn't wear a bikini since I have a badonkadonk. I took the book I'm reading, The Sun Also Rises which was recommended by my son, Nick. I saw a young couple, who I immediately supposed are in love with each other, leaving the pool. I figured they were off to have an evening filled with things young couples in love do.They passed by me and just after they were past me by a few feet I got the feeling they were talking about me for some reason. I don't know I felt that way I didn't hear anything in particular that gave me the feeling but I still had the feeling but resisted the urge to turn their way. Then the young man came my way and started telling me, The Sun Also Rises is one of his favorite books and was saying that he knew I would love it because it such a good book. He said he is a big Hemingway fan and recommended Islands In The Stream. I told him that I would check it out and that I was reading The Sun Also Rises on my son's recommendation and that I'm enjoying it and told him that my son said he couldn't believe he never read it in school. I asked him how old he is and commenting that he is very young to like a writer like Hemingway and his style of writing. He told me is 32 and I said that my son is 25 and loved the book and sent me a Kerouac to read. I told the couple that it was nice to meet them and gave them my name they returned the courtesy and we both agreed to talk in the future. It was so nice to meet someone and have a chat about something for a brief moment. It was a sweet, brief connection, reaffirming Saturday is my favorite day.

No comments:

Post a Comment