Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dead battery

Today, when I went outside to go to yoga my Xterra would not start. I have a dead battery. I don't want to change it but this is the only day I can do it. I guess I should be grateful it's only a dead battery and I know how to change one but I don't know if I have any tools. Since I am no longer a home owner I don't have a lot of tools or the same responsibility I used to have. I have discovered with all of this lack of responsibility that without it life is not as full. It's not the whole home ownership thing so much, it's the reason I desired home ownership: I wanted my son to have a home, a yard and a dog. I always looked at home as my sanctuary where I went to recharge myself. Growing up I played kick ball in the yard and played my flute for my dog, Lovey Dovey. I wanted that and more for my son. The biggest gap in my life is the responsibility and sense of belonging I felt when my son lived at home. The feeling that I had someone to do things for and someone who needed me and someone I was responsible for was so grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment