Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday Morning

I am developing a routine for my Saturday mornings. I really enjoy the Cardio Blast class. This morning I met Jennifer's husband. I caught a glimpse of the cute guy today, probably because I didn't wear any make-up but my hair was fixed. My next stop was some kind of pet fair. I bought some doggie treats for my mom's ankle biters. The sales people told me the treat are made in Oklahoma. I told them that It was funny that the treats are made in Oklahoma because I was mailing the treats to my mom in Oklahoma. The treats sounded pretty gross they were cow knees and some other thing that was gristle. I know three little spoiled yip yaps who will love them. I already dropped by the USPS to send them along with some goodies for my mom. The timing of everything was perfect because I still made it to the Farmer's Market and Starbucks. I like to go to Starbucks for iced green tea on Saturday morning. This time I saw a cute guy there and we chatted each other up pretty good. He looked normal but you can't tell by looking at someone if they're a wacko. Gil and my mom were both surprised that I met a guy. I probably forgot to mention that I didn't have on any make-up and that's why I ran into a cute guy. He is only 44 years old and that's a little young. He was tennis pro and now he's a coach so he's probably in good shape since he has always been into tennis. His name is Jason which is a normal name not some weird name. We exchanged cards so I will see if he calls. I don't want to call him though. If he's interested he'll call. Right now, I feel like I work too much to devote much time to anything. I devote my time to work, working out, Netflix and sleep. My Netflix binge is Grey's Anatomy because it reminds me of Gil. And if I watch it then there is some drama in my life. My life is pretty much drama free. It has been since I left Killeen. It's a distant memory lately. It's almost like that part of my life never happened. It is hard for me to believe that I have been here since last August. The time has passed so quickly since I have relocated. I am really attached to Harold and Nathan. And Harold has said he is glad that I came to work with them and he doesn't want me to leave. He has said he is surprised that Nathan is still working with us because he has such a long commute. Monday, Nathan is sitting for his AICP. I hope he passes; I asked Nathan if he has to sit for his certification and he said yes but it seems crazy that he would be dismissed if he doesn't pass the test. I really enjoy having Nathan for a boss. Nathan, Harold and I work well together and we have different strong points. I like that Harold is so good at different things than me. I would not like my job if I didn't get to work with them so I want Nathan to stay. The Council decided to hire some guy from Utah to fill the position of City Manager so change is coming and I hope it's good change.

No comments:

Post a Comment