Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weird day

For the last month, I have wanted to sleep in which is odd for me because I usually get up about 5:00 A.M. even on the weekends but lately it's all I can do to make myself get out of bed. once I managed to get out of bed this morning I headed over to the gym. Once I was there, I read for a few minutes while I waited for the other folks to start showing up. I saw this guy I had seen last Saturday morning when he gave the a second glance and made eye contact with me at the desk. This week, he smiled and then asked me which class I was going to attend and I forgot the name of the class. I am sure he thinks I'm a buffoon now so much for him. Both times I saw the guy I had on no make up and was not fixed up at all. And today I thought that the gym would be deserted since we finally had a gorgeous weekend day. Then I went to get my windshield fixed because I got a ding it this week. Luckily, the girl who teaches the class I attend Saturday mornings at the gym told me where to get it fixed. Of all things, she is from Corpus Christi, and I ran into her father and brother frequently while working for the City there. Her father is a realtor and property manager so he was always asking making inquiries and making applications for rezonings. Her twin brother with whom I had many conversations was a real piece of work. I thought it was strange that one of few people I've met here is from Corpus, small world. When I went to see the guy she recommended he was very nice and even tried to work on the tinny, tiny ding I have in my door from someone hitting it with his/her car door, a-hole. Then the guy ended up asking me to stop back by sometime so he could take me to lunch. I still had on no make up and was covered in sweat. He did a great job on my windshield it almost impossible to tell that I had a ding. Then I went to the farmer's market and a nearly new store where I bought a picture frame. I decided to eat at this new little French restaurant. It was good and I met a couple of ladies who were nice; one was named Loretta, my mother's name, and I rarely meet Loretta's. As I was finishing my meal my neighbor ,the one I had blown off because he keeps talking dirty to me and makes it very clear that he is interested in screwing my brains out, called and asked if I would want to go to the pool or something and I said maybe but I was more interested in a car show because I like classic cars. He said he likes classic cars too and said we should go there. I told him I had been working out and running errands so I was heading home to take a shower. I thought about what all my girlfriends said when I told them about the my young neighbor who keeps hitting on me, they said that I should go out with him even though he's young, just to get out there. With that in mind, I thought I'd call back since not much could happen at a car show and he might be ok to go to the pool with occasionally.  I called him and he didn't answer. A little later he texted me saying he thought I had blown him off and would like it if we got together at one of our places--RED FLAG--since he spent a lot of money this week. I'm sure he was thinking he could somehow get laid. So right now I am thinking I am glad I've been thinking it's better to have friends to hang with than trying to find the illusive love of my life. Upon hearing about my weird man day Gil said she is single glad to be single and going to stay single. When she says that kind of stuff I used to think she was joking or too hurt from her disastrous marriages to have it in her to try again but I now think she means it. She has no interest in coming home from work and being expected to cook dinner, she doesn't want to have to check in with someone, she wants to do what she wants to do and when she wants to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment