Friday, August 7, 2015

Weird week

I had kind of long weird week. I worked until 7:00 or 8:00 every night except Monday when I hauled my rear over to the gym to go to Body Pump. I found out that Nathan's wife is sick of him staying at work late. I was sad to hear that because it will not be long until he has to quit. Nathan is a great coworker and boss. We are very compatible at work since we are good at different things. Harold did come back and start trying to help us get caught up, thankfully. I had to tell my map guy that I can't sit with him while he makes my maps. I am not a micro-manager anyway. That's not my management style. The map guy said if I can't sit with him then tell him what I need and then come check on him every fifteen minutes. I told him that I don't have time to keep checking on someone. I prefer orders the maps with a form or sending him an email with hyperlinks to the files he needs to make my maps and then he can email a hyperlink so I can review the maps. I don't have time to babysit a grown up. I also found out that one of my bosses feels like he can't do anything right at work. He didn't tell me that his wife did. I thought she was going to start crying when she was talking to me. I feel bad for them if the job is causing a lot of stress. And, today, June told me that she had two dreams about me: in one dream she said I went back to Oklahoma and in the other she said we were at work late, as usual, and we were there so late that she went to sleep at her desk, when she noticed the time in her dream it was midnight. I told June that i wouldn't be moving back to Oklahoma as far as I know though I saw a job there, it didn't even give a salary range. I told June I don't want to move away from her I really enjoy being around June. I wish we got to do more things outside of work but I don't ask her to do much other than workout related activities because her husband wants her to spend more time with him. June and I joke a lot about being work spouses because she spends more time with me than her husband but it's true many days. I have survived another week at work. The 11th of August it will have been one year. Strangely, I started work in Corpus on August 11th also seven years ago. It does not seem like it could have been seven years since I started my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment