Sunday, August 30, 2015

First day

I'll never forget my first day at work in Corpus Christi. I showed up about 10 till 8 and I was really worried that people would think I was kind of running late. Because I always thought if you were supposed to be somewhere at 7 or 11 or 8 o'clock that you should be there about 15 minutes early. Otherwise if you're not a little bit early or late I don't know why I think that and in fact it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. But I showed up around 10 till 8 and the place was kind of like a ghost town. I looked around and I thought well gosh where is everybody and then as it got closer and closer to 8 o'clock I thought oh my gosh what's going on here what's wrong. I kind of got that feeling you get when you go in like a Walgreens or something at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning and there's no one around and you start wondering if they're all trapped in the back and they've been shot the death or something and you don't want to go look you're fearful. And then a little later somebody comes out so so sorry I was in the back stocking. Finally people started showing up Lexie may be right at 8 and they started microwaving their breakfast and some girls you know showed up a little later and they were in the bathroom putting on their makeup and things like that and I thought we open at 8 so I asked someone and they said yeah you know we're open 8 to 5. But this is strange if you open up at 8 don't you need to be at your desk ready to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment