Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Work

I'm not going to work today. I'm heading into the city for a check up. it's about time since I haven't had a good check up in quite a while. It's nice to get to play hooky even though I have to go to the doctor but I'll be even further behind at work. Not being able to get all my work done is irritating but it's not the worst thing in the world. I have determined I am not going to stay at work until 7:00, 8:00 or 9:00 at night anymore. It's not that I have an incredibly busy social life, my dance card is empty however, I don't want to look back on my life and feel like it was a waste. I remember regretting every extra shift I worked while my son was growing up. At the time I needed the money and any time someone asked me to work for a shift I did but when my son moved out and started his own life I really wished that I had spent those hours with him instead of a bunch of strangers and coworkers. My mom said she regrets working two jobs for 18 years but she managed to eke out a living because of her second job. Her life is a shining example of working poor. Of course, there are plenty of those examples. My mom is now an example of the retired poor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment