Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Latest binge

I watched all the Sherlock Holmes episodes available on Netflix and I loved them. Benedict Cumberbatch is an excellent actor, who never makes me doubt his character. But the best surprise was Martin Freeman, who was one of my favorites in Love Actually. I haven't seen him in a lot of things and I was happy to find him in the series. He is a great actor too and has fantastic chemistry with Cumberbatch. I like the writing too; it's consistently good and the writers have managed to improve classic that could have come off as worn out. The characters have really developed and each have their own depth created through a combination of the creative writing and the actors abilities. I hope I can find the DVDs for sale somewhere because I think they would make a great gift for my mom. I've bought her Sherlock Holmes Collections before (Basil Rathbone) but I think she would really like the newest series. She has a birthday coming but if I don't see them anywhere there's always next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment