Saturday, October 31, 2015

Walking

Vivi and I joined a walking group and we were supposed to go on our first walk this morning. That won't be happening due to the weather. It sounded fun. And, it might be a good way to meet some new people. i think I have been hesitant to go out and try to meet people when I don't even know if I am going to stay here. Lately, I have been thinking about going back to school. I've been thinking about it for the last few years. That's one of the reasons I sat for my exam to become certified. There's no way I could get into school if I didn't even have my credentials. I've also thought that if I want to teach somewhere besides a community college I'll need my Ph.D. That may not be the next adventure since my list of accomplishments is pretty long. I haven't mentioned school to anyone in my family since that's never been an area of my life where my family was supportive but that's pretty standard operating procedure for my family. Luckily, I'm fairly independent and don't feel like I have to have other people's buy in or find it necessary to have an entourage to accompany me everywhere I go. I've known people like that who can't even go to the grocery store without someone accompanying. I think that is so strange and adds to the time the errand takes to complete between going to get the other person and dropping them off. I dated a guy who couldn't go anywhere alone. It was really annoying. If I didn't want to accompany him to Sam's Club (because I had many times and I don't consider that a date) he would go get someone else to go with him. I wondered why he needed a witness to all his activities or did he need someone else to validate his existence. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment