Saturday, October 31, 2015

Awoken

My phone woke me up with an alert: Tornado Warning. It was reminiscent of home. My entire life the weather played a very important role in my existence because I grew up in Tornado Alley. I was just thinking, yesterday, that I am so glad I don't have to worry about tornadoes anymore but that is not the case. There were no confirmed tornadoes just an indication of rotation on Doppler Radar. I guess there aren't a bunch of Storm Chasers like there are in Oklahoma because if this was Oklahoma some Storm Chasers would have been trying see and confirm a tornado for sure. People are zealots about the weather in Oklahoma. The Storm Chasers and the Weathermen. They love the unpredictable weather and all the excitement. No exaggeration, one time when I was watching the Weather Report in Oklahoma the Weatherman was tracking a storm in Saskatchewan and predicting it's arrival and outcome in Norman and Oklahoma City. One of the Weathermen in Oklahoma said being a weatherman in Oklahoma was his dream job and it was all he ever wanted to do because the weather is so varied; crazy storms, super hot, super cold, baseball size hail (summer and winter), flooding, tornadoes, etc. That almost sounds like the beginning of Armageddon but no, it's just Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment