Thursday, October 22, 2015

Nice

It has been so nice to have a friend around lately. She has really been a comfort to me. Moving from Norman, Oklahoma to Corpus for a job that sucked was a horrible disappointment especially as hard as I had worked to make a new life for myself because the life I had come to know as a mother was about to change as my son was going to be an adult and go his own way. Of course maybe I was being naive thinking that my life would be a chick flick but I prefer to think that I was being optimistic. Then, I met a man in Corpus who seemed perfect but he was anything but... I finally got over that and met a man who was someone who I thought was great and I had a instant connection with but he didn't live in Corpus. Unfortunately, he lived in Houston. Around that same time I met Vivi and Beth and just loved hanging out with them and going to the beach. I felt like my life was complete. At the same time, I was told to work directly under the Building Official in Corpus. He was not trustworthy at all. I was afraid he was going to get fired, which he did, and I would be negatively affected when that happened so I accepted a position I was offered in Killeen, Texas. That turned out to be a disaster so I started searching for a different job. In the meantime, the guy I met in Houston started acting weird; lying, doing the come here, go away thing, etc. and then dumped me. Luckily, I did find a different job and moved once again. So I have had a great deal of change over the last few years, lots of ups and downs, and for better or worse there will probably be more change. Over the last two years I feel like I have been in a flux. I keep trying to believe that I am where I am supposed to be but it's hard to keep my chin up when I don't always feel like there is anything here for me other than a job and it seems like there should be more to life than clocking in somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment