Friday, October 9, 2015

Good Times

Going to the Pleasure Pier was so much fun. Harold has the heart and soul of small child though he is 60 years old and it really came out at the amusement park. He wanted to ride every ride. It was nice that we got to hang out with some of my friends and acquaintances from Corpus Christi. Harold is always so kind and thankful. He made it a point to say he was grateful that he got to hang out with my friends and me. Kris, my former coworker in Corpus, who now works in this area said that Harold seemed very nice and then asked me if people tend to try to take advantage of him because he is so nice. I told Kris that it doesn't seem like people do. Harold said that when he called his wife to check in with her that he told her all about our experience at the pier and how we all rode rides together. I made it a point to tell Harold thanks for giving me encouragement with regard to the rides. I don't know that I would have ridden that roller coaster if he hadn't encouraged me. It was really exciting. I think I need to be a little more adventurous.

At the conference, I kept running into my former boss in Killeen. it seemed like every time I turned around I saw him. Moving there was a disaster. Two different people I know said they told me I should not move there. I distinctly remember both of them saying it was my decision. I like people to give me some input but if they don't offer up an opinion and then later say "I told you so" it is so annoying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment