Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hemming

The girl-I probably shouldn't call her a girl she is a an adult-who could easily be my child, Hemming, opened for Chris Cornell last night in Houston. She has the most beautiful voice. I;m so glad I decided to just buy a ticket an attend the show by myself because if I hadn't I would have missed on a phenomenal performance. She filled the auditorium with her voice; one girl with her guitar. Her songs reminded of my son, her writes music and lyrics too and they both have that malaise in them from growing up just to realize that you don't get a trophy just for showing up. Her music and lyrics though a little down were very soulful with a depth beyond her years. She's a great writer and performer. Since her attitude is a lot like my sons I bought her cd to give him for Christmas. I hope he likes it. I know he loves women singers maybe because he heard a lot of Patsy Cline growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment