Sunday, November 8, 2015

Best Saturday night

The Chris Cornell acoustic show was fantastic. It was even better than imagined it would be. As a tribute to myself and my age, I watched it with my eyes and listened intently to every word and note. I hope a few other folks did the same because most of the people around me were using their phones to photo and video the performance. I think the performance deserved more and I certainly gave it that. It was worth being present rather than videoing it for later or sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Chris Cornell and was overwhelmed by his talent. He's got some pipes and raw talent that almost have a haunting effect like the train in the distance that I listened to as it traversed the Oklahoma prairie every night when I was a kid ( I still miss it). One of the best things I've done in a very long time is get the gumption to go to see Chris Cornell. I was a lot not a little antsy about going someplace I've never been before in a big city I'm not familiar with all by myself but I'm so glad I did. It was well worth the trepidation. He was one of those artists whose live performance far outweighs recordings which is rare these days: I was so happy that I made the leap. Cheers to Chris Cornell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment