Friday, December 19, 2014

The morning after

The other night we had our department Christmas party. The next morning three of my male coworkers were giving me a hard time. Harold started by telling the Building Official and my supervisor that I have three or four guys after me. And it escalated from there. Most of it stems from my date with the guy from Detroit. I met him through work. So, of course, Harold knows that I had a few dates. I made the point that I am single and can go on as many or few dates as I want (they're all married). After they gave me my fair share of grief while we laughed a lot, for some reason I said something about not being that picky. Then they were all asking what I meant by that because all women are picky. I said, "Not me, I only have two criteria." They accused me of being full of crap. I defended myself. So they asked what my criteria are so I said, "I wanna be with my best friend and there has to be chemistry." My declaration sparked much debate and there were some retorts from folks during the day to which I replied that there are sub-criteria or sub-categories under the criteria of best friend and chemistry." Though I was busier than any one person should be at work it was a fun day. And I like hearing what other people have to say about human interactions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment