Thursday, December 25, 2014

Dedee's laugh

When Dedee was asking me about the Detroit guy and what has transpired. I told her about him lying to me about his age. She said she thought men didn't usually lie about their age. I told her that it seems like it would make sense for someone to lie and say he's older than he is and then I might think WOW, this guy looks great for his age. She said she thinks age shouldn't matter if you really like the person. I told I don't have any interest in him because he seems arrogant. He keeps bringing up all the property he owns and how fortunate he's been. I told him just because some guy has money doesn't mean I am going to get any of it so that doesn't matter to me. And, prior to me meeting him for coffee he told me several time in telephone conversations that he thought I would be very pleased with his physical appearance when we met. That's when Dedee just started laughing the biggest richest laugh I have ever heard. Then I started laughing. She said, "Boy, that guy is really full of himself." I told that I have never had someone say that to me and I have never told anyone that Man or woman that I he or she would be pleased with me physically when we met. It's odd. I told Dedee maybe he is some kind of narcissist or something.

Marty and I had the same conversation but I added a few more details since Marty can still hear. My poor Dedee is 88 years old now and our conversations a strained at times due to her loss of hearing but overall we get on fine. I told Marty that the Detroit guy keeps telling me he is an A personality guy. And that I think I am supposed to be impressed but I am not quite sure what my response is supposed to be. Maybe I am supposed to say, "Great, that's the exact kind of man I want and I can't wait to blow you." The Detroit guy also starts sentences with, "To be candid with you..." which leads me to think he generally is not candid. Marty said I should say so and I told Marty that I did say so. I asked the Detroit guy why he frequently start sentences with that preface and he said it was so I would know he's being up front and honest. So I told him that there's no reason I would think he was being anything but honest except that he says, "To be candid with you..." because anytime someone starts a sentence with a phrase like, "To be honest with you...", "In all honesty...", "Honestly...", "Truthfully", etc. I think he/she is lying or has been caught in a lot of lies or has been accused of lying frequently or something because there is no reason to think someone is being anything but honest with me unless I have had an bad experience with the person due to some lie I was told by them or I caught the person in a lie or heard them lying someone. Marty said he agreed with me with regard to the guy saying, "To be candid with you...". Marty got a pretty big kick out of the guy saying I would be pleased with his physical appearance when we met since Marty thinks the guy looks 75 years old. Marty asked me what I said when the guy said I was going to be pleased and I told him I just said, "Me too." I didn't know what else to say. I was taken off guard since no one has ever said that me. Marty said he didn't know how would react if a woman said that to him because he's never had a woman say that to him. He thinks he would probably be at a loss for words. Marty said something about the A personality statements that was derogatory and finished with telling me to cut the guy loose. It's hard to tell someone on Christmas Eve or Christmas day that you're just not interested in any kind of relationship with him. Marty says I should say I met someone or I;m getting back with an ex (that would be difficult since I don't have one) or that I have decided to hook up with some other guy so as to avoid hurt feelings. I had hoped that he would simply lose interest in me since I have made it clear I don't want to have sex with him. He just says he's hoping I'll change my mind. Yikes. Sometimes, NO IS NO, not SHEnglish for TRY HARDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment