Friday, September 25, 2015

PW

Around 5:00 P.M., I made a last ditch effort to get some comments on a plat from someone in Public Works and didn't get an answer. Immediately after I hung up my phone rang. It was the guy from Public Works. I told him I didn't realize it was after 5:00 P.M. and that I was surprised that he called back. He said he only called back because it was me. Then he he was at an Astors' game and that I should have gone because they had an extra ticket. I told him that I didn't know about the extra ticket. He said he told me earlier in the day. Of course I told him that he never mentioned that they had an extra ticket to the game. Then he said that he asked me what I was doing. I said that I don't speak MANglish and for all I knew he was asking what I was doing because he wanted me to help him move or something and there was no way I was helping anyone move. I told him that if somebody wants me to do something then he has to be more direct and say "We have an extra ticket tho the Astros' game, do you want to go?" and that asking me what I am doing does not translate into, "Do you want to do something?" in SHEnglish. So he told me next time he'll know.

If I spoke MANglish I would at an Astros' game right now; LANGUAGE BARRIERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment