Saturday, May 10, 2014

Before we talked

Shelly,

I do most of the maintenance on my house although recently I've been paying a kid in my neighborhood to mow my yard.  I'll probably pick that up again when it cools off.  I get satisfaction out of planning projects and working with my hands.

That is too bad about your friends getting riffed.  What who did they work for?  Unfortunately, as a Resource Manager at NASA I am very familiar with the RIF process.  I've let go approx. 8 out of 50 people go since December.  Next fiscal year is looking bad too.

Is that strong wind normal for your area?  What type of bike do you have: road, mountain, cruizer, etc?  If you are serious about it, you might want to go to a local bike shop and have the seat and handlebars adjusted to fit your body.  I had mine done recently and it made a huge difference especially for long rides.  I usually ride between of 25 to 50 miles per ride and 3 - 5 rides per week.  I was hoping to ride the Hotter'N Hell Hundred (HHH) up in Wichita Falls in a couple of weeks but I can't find any of my cycling buddies who want to go.  Probably because it's too hot, ha, ha! There should be plenty of rides in the area coming up this fall too.  I also jog, hike, camp...lots of stuff outdoors.  My son is a boy scout and there is a kayaking trip coming up.  I try to make as many as I can.

My son is 11 years old.  He lives with his mom most of the time.  My parents live about 5 miles from my house.  It is really convenient as they like to be involved with my son and fill in when needed...at a moments notice.  I'm just going to go to the party tomorrow.  I'll have him again next weekend.

Chatting would be great.  My number is ----------------.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment