Wednesday, April 30, 2014

August 6, 2013

Shelly,

It was a good day. Thanks for asking. I got some of my employees approved for overtime. These guys are salaried exempt so they don't normally get OT. They are quite happy about it and so am I.

I don't think I'm going to work in another country any time soon. The engineering side of AMS is complete and so that is out. There is some work with the Russians and European Space Agency but most likely it would be one of my employees who would travel. I have to stay home to take care of the troops. My job is very much like being a parent sometimes. When they get in trouble I have to go bail them out. When they do something good I have to praise and encourage them.

I usually work 40 to 50 hours a week. NASA just recently went to a 9/80 work schedule. I have every other Friday off. It's really nice to have that long weekend. Its funny because I already put in at least 9 hours a day so the change had no real negative impact on my work schedule.

For fun? I cycle with a local bike shop here in my area. We ride in the local area and sometimes travel to different rides around the state. I enjoy it although I have to admit it's kind of an addiction. When I see guys on the road I sometimes have the urge to jump on my bike and go ride with them and see how many I can push past their limit so they have to drop out. Although, there are quite a few guys who have schooled me but its all in good fun. I've come to realize that I'm not meant to be a racer mostly due to my body size. I have a heavy wide frame (not fat) which is just extra non-aerodynamic weight to push thru the air. 

I like to hike and camp. I usually go about 10 times a year around the state. I prefer primitive camping but will do cabins and car camping. I enjoy being out in nature.

I enjoy cooking although cooking for one is pretty tough. Some of my favorites are spicy hummus, black bean soup, raw tomato basil pasta sauce, Almond date bars and a spicy Thai peanut sauce on veggies. I like to cook healthy.

Movies are always good but I don't make the time for them. Every once in a while a friend and I will go to the local midnight movie. My son and I will sometimes go to the cinema grill. The food is OK and the beer is good :).

So how about you? I'd love to hear about your job and what you like to do for fun. I also meant to tell you that I like your glasses you are wearing with your son and All Saints guy. They are very unique.

Cheers, 

T

No comments:

Post a Comment