Sunday, August 31, 2014

My bestie, Marty

The other day, Marty said to me, "You're a better girlfriend to me than my girlfriend and you're not my girlfriend. We talk about everything. You check on me. I'm sick of it." He broke up with her after that. Since then she has tried to make contact with him and even texted him, "I love you". Why is it that when people think you don't want them anymore they're intrigued and try to get you back? Maybe she didn't have plan "B" lined up yet. It seems like people are always really ready to truly move on when they have someone else to move with and focus all their attention on. It's that old the grass is always greener theory. But I know of several people whose exes have later told them it was a mistake and they didn't know what they had when they had it and the grass isn't always greener. There are weeds, it needs mowed, while trying to weed eat the string keeps breaking. It's strange to me that people seem so ready to throw in the towel thinking there is someone else better for them instead of thinking they're lucky they found someone who will tolerate their bullshit shenanigans since once you get to know someone it's a weird dichotomy because of their eccentricities that make them who they are. It seems that today people don't really feel lucky when someone is willing to tolerate them. It seems like they feel entitled to it and like it's no big deal that someone is willing to put up with their crap and look for the good in them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment