Sunday, August 31, 2014

Eternal optimist

My former supervisor is always telling me that I am an eternal optimist because I always think things are going to get better. But I had an epiphany Friday. There are times when you should say, "I'm done". When you realize you are always making concessions, just say, "I'm done". If you realize that someone is one of those people you're always making excuses for, just say, "I'm done". If someone says they're your friend but you're the one who makes the effort, just say, "I'm done". If you realize you're always doing the heavy lifting, just say, "I'm done". And, if someone says that they're not really good at being friends you should believe it and say, "I'm done". After all it's so much more rewarding to be friends with people who realize that you are a good friend and appreciate you rather than those people who think you're their friend because they're great not because you're great. One of my good qualities is my undying loyalty to friends but it's something I don't want to give to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment