Friday, December 4, 2015

Dwight Yoakam

Tonight, Dwight Yoakam is in town and I am going. I have been a little under the weather but nothing is keeping me from seeing him again. Once, while in Vegas, I decided to go see him because one of his videos had been on T.V. when I was in the hospital and it really cheered me up. I went all by myself because the girl I was in Vegas with didn't want to go. I had the best time. I ended up one the third row in the middle of Dwight's fan club. Two seniors, sisters married to brothers since right before WWII, gave me the low-down. After the show I knew who how old Dwight was, who he was dating, how to join the fan club and the whole nine yards. Most importantly, Dwight Yoakam wears a pair of jeans better than any other man on earth. And I don't believe he is as boring as a dirt sandwich as Sharon Stone said. I know I am a little on the visual side for a female but if I got bored with Dwight I could just look at him in his jeans. Okay, I'll stop sounding all pervy but everyone is permitted a fantasy or two. I don't really even have a crush on Dwight Yoakam or anything like that, I'm not that big on celebrity crushes. I think it would horrible to be famous-not that I am not on my best behavior most of the time-because every move one made would be under a microscope and criticized. Let's say I'm famous and I bought something defective and then I tried to return it and the sales clerk was crappy if I called the clerk on his/her crappy behavior then somehow it would be turned around and i would be the asshole in the scenario. Back to the show I am going to see Dwight because his video cheered me up when I was in hospital at one of the lowest points in my life, his show that I attended in Vegas about 15 years ago was a blast and ever since I saw Sling Blade and Wedding Crashers I am so impressed with him as an artist, especially his performance in Sling Blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment